Fire puns and fire jokes might not seem funny at first. After all, fire can be dangerous.
But they are.
Not only that, but there are plenty of fire situations that are perfect for you to use them! Campfires or a fireplace in winter both come to mind. Everyone is relaxing and having a good time and maybe enjoying some pleasant silence.
Then you say, “This is a really de-lightful evening.”
Boom. You win.
We really enjoyed creating this list of funny fire puns, and were a bit shocked by how many good ones are out there! This was our favorite one yet.
- It was my best friend’s birthday, so I got him a fire extinguisher. He was absolutely de-lighted.
- I told a joke about a house that burned down to a firefighter but he didn’t find it funny. He had to be there.
- A raging fire started at the train station the other day. Fortunately no one was injured, but it was definitely a close coal.
- I think that this is the best list of fire puns around. It really gas without saying.
- The firefighter pulled up and saw the entire church ablaze. The first words out of his mouth were “holy smokes!”
- I was messing around and accidentally broke the fireplace. Mom is fuming mad!
- Sarah the fireplace builder always spends her time tucked away in the workshop. It’s anyone’s gas what she’s up to.
- Hades is my favorite firey tale character.
- What do you call a competition among firefighters? A match.
- What do firefighters love on their donuts? A good caramel blaze.
- I wonder who invented fire? Probably some really bright spark.
- A fire started in the building and the first thing that the owner did was start taking apart the stairs. The lady asked him what he was doing, and he simply pointed to the sign that said “in the event of a fire, take the stairs”.
- The candle knew it was starting to fall in love with the match because it set its heart on fire.
- Did you hear about the awful fire at the shoe factory? Some heel started it while not paying attention, and a hundred soles got burnt.
- The family of firefighters spent hours going over what they thought was the best way to stop a house fire. The debate was rather heated.
- My sister accidentally dropped my 70s records in the fire. It resulted in a disco inferno.
- A few eskimos were rowing their boat but were getting cold. They started a fire inside it, but the boat sank. I guess you can’t have your kayak and heat it too!
- Firefighters all love the outdoors. They can’t resist the call of the wildfire.
- All’s flare in love and war.
- It was out of the frying pan into the fryer.
- Don’t worry! I know a sure fire way to get rid of that flame.
- The actress only had one piece of wood to start that fire, but she was familiar with heated monologues.
- The firefighter saved everyone in the burning building. That made him flamous.
- How do mathematicians get a fire started? They use natural logs.
- What’s the hottest team in soccer right now? Arson-al.
- I’m going to take my fire-starting business to new farenheits next year!
- The group spent hours discussing the best way to deal with a house fire. It got rather heated.
- If you start a fire for a man, he’ll be warm for a day. If you light a man on fire, he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.
- I think we’re both kindling spirits.
- What’s the easiest way to find the female firefighter’s locker? Look for the one with 10 different fire boots!
- I’ll be up all ig-night trying to keep this fire going.
- Do you know the lady who burns all of her bills? Yes I do. Her name is Bernadette.
- It’s about time that we furnace our new condo.
- The arson plot was a red-hot scandal in the local news.
- My cousin got let go from his job as a firefighter. His philosophy of “fight fire with fire” wasn’t working out.
- Where do firefighters look for dates? Match.com
- I was having trouble finding something I could use to light a fire, but when I looked online Google said “no matches found”
- Where does the god of fire belong? In the hall of flame.
- Why did things blow things up in the prehistoric era? There was too much dino-myte.
- I’m going to start a fire with this humungas tank of fuel.
- I was all set and ready to walk on top of the burning coals, but then I got cold feet.
- I have a test on fire tomorrow morning and I’m not prepared. I’ll need to stay up all ig-night studying for it!
- If you can’t get the campfire started, keep frying as hard as you can.
- She slept like a log last night, but woke up in the fireplace.
- The barber had to wear protective gloves because of his sideburns.
- My dad came home from work and found out about the accidental fire I started. He was blazing mad.
- I told my mom some great fire puns and she was delighted.
- I’ve been trying to make my way up the ladder for over a year at work but it’s not working out.
- What’s the best way to keep heat from leaving your home? Get some double blazed windows.
- The match never has problems getting a date. Everyone thinks it’s so hot.
- Who was the primary suspect when the Sistine Chapel burnt down? Matchelangelo.
- The cook was always known to ask burning questions at work.
- To be honest, I didn’t mind that overcooked meal. It was quite the burnanza!
- After years of being alone he finally met his match. Their love was set on fire.
- I always lava great fire pun!
- I was researching the origin of fire, but all I could find was someone had got a bright spark.
- I have a burning question about fire that I need to ask.
- She was simply de-lighted with her brand new fireplace.
- There was a huge fire at the circus the other day. I heard the heat was in tents.
- The party at the disco inferno was incredible. Everyone was burning up the dance floor.
- I’m so sick of these pants. I would love to set them on fire but my father told me to never burn my britches.
- My brother bought a fire distinguisher instead of a fire extinguisher. That seems a bit unnecessary to me.
- My dog is my favourite fiery friend.
- He’s just a short flame, lacking fahrenheit.
Did You Find A Good Match?
We hope you found a few funny fire puns or jokes that you can bring up at your next campfire. There’s something about them that never gets old, and they’re easy to remember as well!
If you have any other fire puns you’d like us to consider adding to the list above, feel free to send them over. We might take a while to check the website’s email account (this is a site about puns after all) but if we like what you’ve suggested we’ll definitely use them!