51 Funny Potato Puns To Share With Your Best Spuds
We thought potato puns were a little random at first, but it started to make more sense once we started putting together this list.
Potatoes are kind of funny.
They look funny, the name is kind of funny, and some of the names for them are funny too!
Spud and tot? That’s good stuff right there.
So with our newfound appreciation in the comedic ability of taters, we dove into the process of putting together a list of funny potato puns.
And we weren’t disappointed. Not only are there a ton of funny ones out there, but it’s not hard to find a situation where you can use them!
- Did you know that potatoes throw s-mash-ing parties?
- A potato gave a gift to his girlfriend. She said, “Aww, why do you spoil me so much?” He replied, “It’s just the way I yam.”
- What do you call a baby potato? Small fry.
- I don’t find potato puns to be apeeling.
- What do you call a potato that’s reluctant? A hesi-tater.
- Yukon do it!
- I met a girl that owned three french-fry factories. I was impressed but to her it was just small potatoes.
- Why was the potato put in an asylum? It was starch raving mad.
- When the graduate potato went home the mom exclaimed, “That’s yamtastic!”
- What’s a potato’s least favorite dance? The mash potato.
- When you cross a potato and the terminator, you get a termitator.
- I love potato puns a tot!
- Despite all his eyes, the potato still didn’t see me coming.
- Where do potatoes go to college? DeFry
- What do you call a baby potato? Tater tots!
- Potatoes that are real medi-tators maintain calm and silence.
- What did the daddy potato say to his son before his soccer game? I’m rooting for you!
- “How are you?” “I yam fried”
- Tony, where do I even starch? I yam so happy we’re best spuds!
- Why do potatoes make good detectives? Because they keep their eyes peeled.
- What do you call a potato wearing glasses? A spec-tater!
- What kind of root vegetable is laziest? A couch potato.
- My love for you sprouts more and more everyday!
- What do you call a potato stoner? A baked potato.
- What is a potato’s favorite baseball team? The New York Yamkees
- Who is the most powerful potato? Darth Tater.
- What’s a potato’s favorite sci-fi show? Starch Trek.
- How do you know when a potato is in a bad mood? When they are acting salty
- Why shouldn’t you tell secrets on a farm? The potatoes have eyes and the corn has ears.
- Tuber honest, I was impressed you didn’t ask about my potato past.
- What’s a potato’s favorite horror movie? The Silence of the Yams.
- What kind of potato do you want to take home to your parents? A sweet potato.
- Why wouldn’t the reporter leave the mashed potatoes alone? He desperately wanted a scoop.
- When the officer saw the yam peeling out, he pulled it over.
- What do you get when it rains potatoes? Spuddles.
- Did you hear about the potato that got its head chopped off? It was decap-potatoed.
- Olympic potatoes are spud-tacular athletes.
- What do you call an everyday potato? A commontater!
- When potato chips don’t sell fast enough, the maker knows it will soon be crunch time.
- Who is a potato’s favorite author? Edgar Allen Poe-tato.
- What do you say to an angry 300-pound baked potato? Anything, just butter him up.
- What do you call a turning potato? A rotate-o.
- What kind of potatoes are in the best shape? Hash browns they’re totally shredded!
- What is a potato’s philosophy? I think, therefore I yam.
Keep Your Eyes Peeled For More!
We had a blast putting together this list of funny potato puns and we’d love to include even more! If you have any good ones that we didn’t include, don’t hesitate to send them over!
Finding opportunities to use one of these is actually quite easy. Don’t let us down!