Ice can be extremely annoying, but ice puns are the exact opposite! Sometimes the only thing that can soften the blow of slipping or freezing your tail off is a good pun.
You’re walking to your car in the middle of winter. It’s frigid outside and the wind is blowing in your face. Just when you think it couldn’t get any worse, you slip on some ice and fall!
Now you’re sitting on your butt in the parking lot of a TJ Maxx thinking about selling all of your possessions and moving somewhere with warmer winters. You’re fed up!
Then out of nowhere, a glorious stranger walks past you and helps you up while asking “Why don’t you want to leave the parking lot? Did it slip your mind?”
Bad mood = gone
See the power a good ice pun can have?
The only problem is, a lot of the best ice puns aren’t obvious. They take a little bit of time to create (or memorize).
So we decided to make things easy for you. Below you can find all of the best puns about ice, so you can start spreading some cheer in a dreary time of year.
- When my ice house breaks Igloo it back together!
- What do ice cream vendors do to make extra money? A sundae school teacher.
- Why would you bring an umbrella to an ice cream shop? There will be sprinkles.
- Walking onto a frozen pond is a great ice breaker…
- He was going to sleep in a bucket of ice. But he got cold feet.
- What did the man say after he slipped on the ice? Nothing, he gave everyone the cold shoulder.
- Why couldn’t anyone get hired at the ice rink? There was a hiring freeze.
- What happens when an ice cube gets angry? It boils with anger, then lets off some steam.
- What do you call being cold and alone? Ice-olated.
- Why should anyone experiment with thin ice? To achieve a major breakthrough.
- I had the best ice pun to tell you… it slipped my mind though.
- What did the man say when his wife asked if he remembered the coffee with ice cream inside it? “Sorry! Affogato!”
Break These Out On Your Pals!
Now that you know some solid ice puns (heh), it’s time to start sharing them with your friends! You now have the power to cheer people up during a gloomy time of the year.
It’s like a super power!
Let us know if there are any other puns about ice that you think we should add to this list. As you can see, it’s a little on the short side (especially when you compare this list to many of the other ones we create), so we would love to include a few more!