Funny Crossword Jokes & Puns That Aren’t A Waste Of Time
While not the most popular topic of humor in the world, there are still plenty of funny crossword jokes and crossword puns out there. In fact, we ended up finding more than we thought we would!
This list of crossword jokes and puns is full of the best you can find. Read it and you’ll see what we mean!
- Do you know where the diehard crossword puzzle fan asked to be buried? They asked for six feet down and three feet across.
- Did you know that the inventor of the crossword puzzle lives just four across and three down?
- Angela said to Tony, “I’m going to do my crossword puzzle now and fill you in, in a bit.”
- Mom thought she was hilarious with her crossword clue answer. The crossword clue stated, “3 letters long, pointless object, and starts and ends with a D.” Her answer, “Dad.”
- While finishing the newspaper’s daily crossword, a man was enjoying his sandwich for lunch. He asked his wife, “For a religious song, what is a four-letter word?” His wife responded with, “Hymn.” “Yeah, it’s difficult, right?!” He responded.
- Cyclops asked his mom, “How do you spell the state name of Hawaii?” while working on a crossword puzzle. “With two i’s”, his mom replied. “You just think I am one big joke, don’t you?!” The Cyclops screamed.
- Did you hear about the two blondes doing a crossword? One of them asked how to spell the word paint, and the other responded by asking what color.
- Danielle said, “The crossword’s inventor is buried in our community cemetery. Isn’t that cool?” Erin replied, “Ah, where are they at?” Danielle said, “four down and seven across.”
- Marie was finishing up her crossword and was completely stumped. She wanted to know what a 7 letter word for “easily perceived” was that started the letter “O.” Her husband, Adam, said, “Obvious, right?” Marie replied, “Well, I am asking because I have no clue!”
- My father was joking with my mother today while they had their daily newspaper time, and asked for assistance with his crossword puzzle. He said, “Listed here is one name for a postman’s mailbag.” My mother then asked him how many letters were available. My father responded with, “A TON OF LETTERS.”
- A wife is concerned about the state of her marriage and decides to add some roleplay to spice things up in the bedroom. She buys a hot and revealing Superwoman costume and sneaks into the bathroom to put it on. She then comes out of the bathroom into their bedroom, poses in a seductive manner, and exclaims, “Superpussy!” The unphased husband continued his crossword and responded, “Soup, thanks.” Talk about a let down.
- I was getting close to finishing a crossword while riding a train to Seattle. “I was wondering if you could assist me,” I asked the passenger sitting beside me. She seemed like a nice woman. She looked at me and nodded. I said, “All I need now is one more word. Six letters – an additional term for “material.” She responded with “That is fabric.” I looked at her a little puzzled, “Isn’t it pretty amazing?” I responded, “However, my name is not Rick, it’s Stan.”
- While boarding a plane, Eric realized the Pope was on the same exact flight. Eric was pretty thrilled about this because he had been a huge fan of the Pope his whole life. Eric was hoping to sit next to him or even see him! After they boarded the plane, Eric realized he was sitting next to the Pope himself! Eric was too nervous to strike up a conversation. Sitting quietly, the Pope took his crossword puzzle out from his carry on.
Eric took notice and was secretly thrilled. He knew he was extremely good at crosswords, so he was hoping the Pope might ask him for some help. Within minutes, the Pope looked at Eric and asked, “Pardon me sir, but I need some assistance. Do you know a four-letter word that refers to a woman with an ending of ‘unt’?” Eric was terrified. The three Cardinals accompanying the Pope distracted themselves on purpose. Eric composed himself and responded politely with, “Aunt is a great choice.” The Pope chuckled and said, “Oh that is right! Silly me. Do you have an eraser with you?”
Go Out And Share These!
This list of crossword jokes and crossword puns took us by surprise. Not only were the jokes funnier than we thought they would be, but there were more of them than we expected as well!
If you know any other good ones that we should consider adding, send them over. We’ll look at any submissions and add the jokes we like!